The Sacramento State Police Department, in cooperation with Intercollegiate Athletics, determines the tailgate area. Alcohol is not permitted outside this area. Consumption of alcohol in non-designated areas of campus is prohibited.
The University will place trash receptacles conveniently throughout the tailgate area for trash disposal. Please dispose of charcoals in designated coal barrels only.
1. Parking lots will be open for tailgating three hours before kickoff.
2. Parking spaces are limited to one space per car.
3. Tailgating activities must not interfere with or obstruct adjacent parking spaces or travel lanes.
4. Banners or signage recognizing businesses or products may not be displayed without express consent of the Intercollegiate Athletics Department.
5. Kegs are expressly prohibited.
6. Non-portable furniture (i.e. couches) is prohibited in the tailgate area.
7. All tailgating must conclude 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
8. California laws pertaining to the possession, consumption and distribution of alcohol and controlled substances will be enforced.
9. Large grills pulled by vehicles (on their own wheels) are not permitted in the tailgate area without express consent of the Intercollegiate Athletics Department.
10. Buses are not permitted in the tailgate area.
11. Musical bands and/or other amplified performances will be allowed only if approved in advance by the Intercollegiate Athletics Department.
12. Portable generators are not allowed in the parking area unless first approved by the Intercollegiate Athletics Department.
Fans are invited to come support the Sacramento State football team’s Hornet Walk at approximately 2.5 hours before each home game. The Hornet Walk takes place down the center lane of Parking Lot 7 (please see map).
Parents of Hornet football players are encouraged to set up along the Hornet Walk route on the center lane of Parking Lot 7 (please see map).
Everyone is subject to laws governing minors in possession, open intoxicants, consumption on a public highway, open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and various other laws.